This position will undertake all aspects of the Portfolio Management at CEI which includes Product Lifecycle, Marketing and management of the individuals selected sales accounts.
The Product Manager will collaborate with the Chief Operation Officer, VP of sales, and VP of engineering to ensure brand consistency and increase the company sales by overseeing the life cycle of existing and future products from conception, introduction, marketing, promoting, and End of Life. In addition, the product manager will have direct interactions with select client accounts to increase sales demands and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute and deliver new product solutions to clientele that will maintain competitive marketing for all goods.
- Interact with colleagues to establish a solid foundation of mechanical, engineering, and technological needs that will assist in the product development lifecycle.
- Lead, develop, and coordinate product introductions, rollouts, and updates.
- Marketing management for the company with partner collaboration.
- Develop product requirements and specifications, refine non-technical criteria, and create efficiency for product evaluation.
- Evaluate new products and applications.
- Research product requirements and identify enhancements to current features and functionality and escalate any product challenges.
- Establish marketing strategies, product direction, advertisement, price, costs, budgets, profit plans and new product development life cycle.
- Assist with technical support on larger strategic projects and/or customer accounts.
- Technical specification review, application of specific products.
- Assists with formal RFQ/RFP response documentation.
- Work with sales team to organize and provide visiting clientele with product demonstrations, strategic planning, and increase sales opportunities.
- Perform and summarize market research on customer and market needs.
- Manage evolving accounts as the sales representative
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in the Wire and Cable, Factory Automation, and or Vision Industry preferred
- Experience in product or brand management, marketing, or another relevant field
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to find solutions.
- Strong presentation skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Expert collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point skills
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Match
- Paid Time Off
About Components Express Inc.
Components Express, Inc. (CEI) a family-owned company, established in 1992 is a leading manufacturer of machine vision and industrial cables. Through years of producing cables for harsh environments CEI has produced cables for the medical, industrial, robotic, military, aerospace, telecom, and automotive industries.